How to Take a Pattern From a Vest
This simple tutorial will show you how to draw around a vest to make a new one.
You will need:
A vest you like
An old T-Shirt
Time: 15 mins
Cost: £3 for a Second Hand T-shirt
1. This is going to sound crazy to read so look at the picture, but flatten your vest out so that there is a fold down the centre front and the arm holes are lying on top of it, got it?!
Fold the t-shirt in half length ways, lie the vest on top and use it as a template to draw around the neck and arm holes.
2. Open the vest up, place it back on top of the t-shirt and draw along the edge to get the shape of the body.
3. Keep the t-shirt folded in half and cut along the drawn lines.
4. Pin in place and sew up the sides.
5. Put it on a rock it like a boss.